The Cherwell Hospital, Banbury
The Cherwell Hospital opened in 2006 and provides convenient, effective, high quality treatment for patients on an inpatient and outpatient basis whether medically insured, self-pay or funded by the NHS.
Equipped with an onsite Imaging Department offering X-Ray, Ultrasound and MRI and a dedicated Physiotherapy Unit complete with rehabilitation gym, The Cherwell Hospital is perfectly designed for orthopaedic care.
The Cherwell Hospital can accommodate 40 patients overnight in twin and single rooms, all with an en-suite bathroom. In addition there is a Day Case Unit dedicated to patients who will be able to return home on the day of their surgery.
The Cherwell Hospital is equipped to undertake a large range of procedures, treatments and investigations including:
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Upper Limb Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- General Surgery
- MRI scanning
- DEXA Bone Density Scanning
- 40 bedrooms with private en-suite facilities, direct dial telephone, TV and radio
- Freshly prepared meals cooked on site with a wide range of choices to suit all diets
- Three operating theatres all with laminar air flow
- Dedicated Day Case Unit
- Seven well equipped consultation rooms
- A state of the art imaging department offering a comprehensive range of screening and x-ray procedures, including MRI scanning and ultrasound
- Physiotherapy department with fully equipped Physiotherapy department with fully equipped gym for rehabilitation
- Restaurant facility for visitors
- Free WiFi on site
- Disabled parking is available at the front of The Cherwell Hospital and there is a dedicated drop off point
Facilities at a glance
Our StaffA stay in hospital can be an anxious time and choosing our hospital can reduce your concerns considerably. Your care, comfort and convenience are the highest priority for our consultants, and nursing staff, who offer the highest standards of clinical and personal care.
Read what previous patients have to say about our staff and the service we offer.
Paying for your treatment
Recognised by all major medical insurers, The Cherwell Hospital offers fast access to high quality treatment for all private patients in a safe and clean environment, whether medically insured or self-paying.Click here for more information about being a Private patient.
Quality AccountWe aim to provide the highest standards in all aspects of patient care for our patients. One important indicator is that our Treatment Centre has never had a case of hospital acquired MRSA bacteremia.
To find out more about our quality of care, you can download our 2016-17 Quality Account.