NHS PatientsThanks to Patient Choice, patients in England now have the option to attend The Cherwell Hospital for NHS Orthopaedic procedures and DEXA Bone density scans. Click here to find out more about patient choice.
Who can benefit from NHS Services?
Adults aged 18 years and over, who are deemed fit by their GP can be referred for NHS treatment at The Cherwell Hospital.
Your GP should be aware of the admission criteria for The Cherwell Hospital and and will only refer you if you meet this.
What procedures are available for NHS patients?The Cherwell Hospital offers a range of services for NHS patients:
Benefits for NHS patients
- Short wait times compared to local trust hospitals
- Clean, light, modern facility
- You will be seen by a Consultant, not a junior doctor
- Excellent clinical outcomes
- Twin and single rooms, all with private en-suite
- Free WiFi
- 0 cases of hospital acquired MRSA Bacteraemia
- Freshly prepared meals served in patient rooms by our catering staff Caring, friendly staff who respect patient needs
Physiotherapy is also provided for our NHS surgical patients.
How to get referred
If your GP recommends seeing a Consultant for joint pain ask to be referred to The Cherwell Hospital.
In line with the NHS Constitution we aim to treat all patients within a maximum of 18 weeks of receiving your referral letter from your GP General Practitioner. Unfortunately, in some cases the COVID pandemic has caused delays in treatment, but we are working hard to return things to normal and treat patients as soon as possible.